At ASIS, we’re happy to provide SEO services — but what exactly does that mean?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Search engines like Google and bing are the main way people now look for information online. It makes sense to be sure that the search engines can find your website, and that they offer it to the people who are looking for you.
All search engines send robot files called “spiders” out into the web to “crawl” the many, many websites on the internet. The spiders decide what your website is about and whether to list, or “index” the pages of your website in their list of web pages. Once the site is indexed, the search engine ranks your website in comparison with other websites on the same subject.
If they decide not to index your website, your site will literally never be shown to people using the search engines to search for the services you offer. This means that the first step in SEO is to have a quality website that search engines will index.
What does this mean, exactly?
While content may be king when it comes to SEO, search engines take into account hundreds of factors when they rank websites, and some of them are technical, Here are just a few:
- How fast does your page load?
- Is your site structure easy for search engine spiders to crawl?
- Are the pages linked to each other in a logical way?
- Is there too much Flash on your website?
- Do elements which search engines can’t read, like pictures or videos, have alternate information available?
- Is your website accessible to people with special needs?
- Is there a sitemap available to the search engines?
- Are titles and tags used correctly?
- Are redirects handled correctly?
There are so many different technical issues that it makes sense to let ASIS technicians check your website and suggest specific options. Contact ASIS,LLC to take advantage of our SEO options.