Making IT Work for Your Business
Set your Out of Office message in Outlook 2013
If you’re going to be out of the office and away from your email, it’s a great idea – and maybe even your company’s policy – to set an Out of Office automatic reply.
Let people know that you’re away, when you’ll be back, and who they should contact in your absence. It’s easy to do – and here are the quick steps in Outlook 2013.
- In Outlook, go to File > Info > Automatic Replies.
- In the Automatic Replies window that pops up, switch from “Do not send automatic replies” to “Send automatic replies.”
- If you know the time period you want the automatic replies to be sent in, check the “only send during this time range” box. Choose your Start time and End time.
- You can set two messages: one for inside your organization for your co-workers and one for outside your organization, to clients, customers, and more.
- Type your messages in each tab. (Need help crafting your message? Try this!)
- When you’re done, click the OK button.
And that’s it! If you didn’t choose to set up a time period with an end date, you’ll have to manually turn off your message when you get back. Enjoy your time out of the office while knowing that people will be well informed and assisted while you’re away!
7 Lincoln Hwy 2nd floor
Edison, NJ 08820
Copyright 2021 ASIS, LLC.