Making IT Work for Your Business
Is Your Website’s Content Up to Snuff?
This industry moves fast – the best practices for the web have changed since even last year. Sites need to be adjusted so they will perform better on different screen resolutions and mobile devices. It’s a good idea every year or two to spend some time to review your website and consider how it positions your company.
If your site was built using a Content Management System (CMS), such as WordPress, it may not be as difficult or as costly as you think (and if it wasn’t built using a CMS it may be older than you think). You may not have to re-build your entire website, but simply review it for ways to improve it.
Some things to consider:
- Good Visual Design
- Design includes all the visuals elements of your website — logo, font(s), white space, theme/template, layout and colors.
- Using a theme that relates to the topic of your website can help keep your content on track. When it comes to design it is important to remember to use white space and think about color usage and meaning.
- Updating Content / Content Management – A content management system (CMS) is a computer program that allows publishing, editing content without having to work with code. Content should be relevant and cater to the needs of your readers.
- Stale Content – Don’t let your site go dormant. Visitors and potential visitors will skip over your site when content is old and out of date — not to mention the effects this has on your search results.
- Too much content – This is worse than not enough content. The more people have to read through narratives and long, drawn-out chunks of information, the quicker they are going to leave your site.
- No Photos – Using no imagery makes your site boring and dull. Today’s web readers expect some amount of content mixed with pictures or logos and icons.
- Call to Action – The Call to Action is a set of words that urge your website visitors to take an immediate action on your website. There is no magic formula to a good Call to Action. The key is to continuously test what works best for your website and your audience, including testing word placement, size, and color.
If you’re looking to upgrade your site to help your business be more competitive, we can help. Call now for a free website evaluation, or contact us online to see if you qualify for a consultation. We look forward to helping your business stay ahead of the curve in today’s ever-changing IT environment.
How To Stop Common Scams and Get Quality IT Support
5 Activities to Make Remote Meetings More Fun
7 Lincoln Hwy 2nd floor
Edison, NJ 08820
Copyright 2021 ASIS, LLC.