Some people feel very strongly about how their email is laid out, and rightly so!
When you open an email, do you want the reading pane on the bottom or on the side? Do you need to customize your new message format to include your company’s preferred font choices? Do you like to make your inbox message list as compact as possible?
Here’s how to make quick modifications to your Office 365 Outlook’s layout!
Note: These instructions are for Outlook accessed through http://outlook.office.com.
Access your options
- Click the Settings gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to open the Settings menu.
- Click Options on the menu.
- On the left sidebar, under the Mail category, expand Layout.
All your layout and message options are here!
Change your options
Select your options in each of the categories and remember to click Save at the top of each page.
- Under Conversations, you can control how messages sort in your inbox (oldest first or newest first) and whether to hide or show deleted items.
- Under Email signature, you can add or modify your email signature and how it is automatically used.
- Under Message format, you can control whether to always show the Bcc and From lines in your messages, the format to compose your emails in (HTML or plain text), and your messages’ font, font size, styling, and color.
- Under Message list, you can choose how to display your messages with the sender’s name or the subject line first. You can turn on or off preview text under an item in the inbox:
- Under Reading pane, you can choose a host of options for the pane you use to view/read emails. You can move the reading pane to the right, to the bottom (beneath the inbox message list), or hide it altogether. You can control the behavior when you move or delete an item, when you compose an email, and selecting items when signing in.
You have a lot of flexibility to make your Office 365 Outlook look and act the way you need it to!