Most of us are getting back to business by now, but you may be having to start over when it comes to your computers. Someone once said that disaster recovery for a business is mostly about making do and buying time — some of us are making do with laptops, tablets, or phones while we wait for replacements of our equipment, while others are buying time to get things back to normal.
Once you have your computers back up and running (or replaced), with your data restored from back ups or reconstructed, take steps to avoid further problems by signing up for Proactive Monitoring. Here’s what that includes:
Daily Server Health Check
Each day before you start work, we check the essentials for your computers:
- Were the most recent backups successful?
- Is your Antivirus program up to date?
- Are hackers attacking your systems?
- Are all your disks are in good health?
- Do you have sufficient disk space?
- Is your email system functioning as it should?
We also check all the critical items in the event logs.
This means that you can begin each day confident that all your IT systems are in good condition.
We also offer Managed Services, a complete IT care package for complete peace of mind.
- Our state-of-the-art automated systems check your workstations and servers proactively every 5, 15, or 30 minutes.
- Instant alerts let us fix many problems before they occur — before you even know about them.
- Backups, antivirus definitions, windows updates and third party updates all are checked daily.
- Errors and disk space are checked on all of your workstations and servers each day.
- Workstation inventory reports are produced whenever you need them.
With Managed Services, we can also provide custom services — at a fraction of the cost of hiring an in-house IT worker.Share